Temporary Residence Permit For Up To A Year
This permit is the perfect solution for persons who wish to prolong their stay in Cyprus for more than 3 months (90 days). This type of permit is valid for 1 year and can be renewed on an annual basis. Under this permit, a person is allowed to live in Cyprus on a temporary basis and also bring his close family members to live with him.
In order to be eligible for this type of permit, the applicant will firstly need to show that he has adequate income from abroad to cover his living expenses whilst residing in Cyprus without the need to find employment. Furthermore, the applicant will need to prove that he has suitable accommodation. It is possible for non-EU nationals to either rent or own property in Cyprus. It is important to note that if the holder of a Temporary Residence Permit stays outside the country for a period of more than 3 months, then such permit is automatically cancelled and the permit holder will need to apply again.
Applicants should provide the Immigration Authorities with the following documents:
- Application on the prescribed form;
- A copy of the passport or other document (valid for at least 3 months after the date of application);
- A copy of the passport or other document, proving last entry or visa to Cyprus;
- Original bank guarantee, issued by a Bank institution of Cyprus, for a period of 1 year;
- Health insurance to cover both inpatient and outpatient
- Marriage certificate with an official translation by the P.I.O.; (where applicable)
- The title deed of the owned-property or lease agreement; The lease agreement must be certified;
- Proof of income from abroad (eg. pension, bank statement, dividends, rental agreement, etc.);
- Bank statement proving the funds
For more information and clarifications please conduct us directly or complete the form below and will come back to you.